If we had an actual president, this one’s an inevitable, “Yeah, we have to.”
“Shut it down now, and start over” is the message from health experts across the country as COVID-19 cases surge in more than 40 states. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the U.S. could see 175,000 confirmed coronavirus-related deaths by August 15. “
But then a “real president” wouldn’t have:
- Ignored and downplayed the pandemic threat
- Completely ignored the critical need for national testing and contact tracing
- Turned wearing masks into a political wedgie
- Hamstrung the national Center for Disease Control, after being repeatedly warned it was coming
- After dismantling the world’s literal “gold standard” for government agencies to monitor and head off exactly this kind healthcare disaster.
- While he did rallies calling it “a new hoax
- and continued playing more golf than any president in history.
But, we don’t have an actual “president”; we have the tangerine nightmare. And, there’s no way he’s going to do this…unless he can somehow prevent the November election by doing so.
S/SGT, USMC, -ex